Friday, June 11, 2021

Be Thankful


Recently we had a family friend come out to visit us.  They are awesome and we have a lot of fun while they are here.  

The thing is that I sometimes lose sight of why they come.  

It’s not for the awesome adventures we go on, over 15 national parks, and countless state parks across the country.

It’s not because they need a break from work and have no other place to go.

It is because they want to see us and spend time with us.  

They consider us family.

Sometimes I lose sight of that.

I forget that they aren't here just for an adventure.  I’m not thankful that they made the effort to come out and see us. 

Instead, I feel almost as though they are using us.  Sponging off of our trip allowing us to pay for everything.

My thankfulness gets lost in the commotion.

It happens all the time to me.

I forget about the real reason we are doing something and get caught up in something that doesn't matter.

My loving wife usually tells me to pull my head out of wherever it is and be thankful for what we have and where we are.

Being thankful is NOT always easy.  

In Fact, it's a lot easier to just look at the gloomy side of everything.  That's what the Devil wants us to do.  

He wants us to be depressed and upset. That’s when he wins.

Honestly I let him win too often.

Today I want to encourage everyone to look for the silver lining to the situation you are currently in.

If you are too busy, then be thankful that you have an abundance to do.

If you are traveling too much, then be thankful that you have the means to go.

If you are trying to make the decision to start a business, be thankful that you have the opportunity to do so.

If you just got out of a bad relationship (work or personal) be thankful that you are no longer there.

I could go on and on, but I think that you get the point.

Be THANKFUL for where you are, God put you here for a reason.  He put the people around you for a reason, He gave you those ideas for a reason.  

You are awesome, amazing, and going to go places.  Be the 1% of people who are always happy and thankful for where they are.

I didn’t say that it would be easy, but you can do it.  Look for the bright side of every situation as soon as you can.


No comments:

Post a Comment